Top

Grünes Gewandhaus – a space for contemplation next to the Frauenkirche in Dresden

The Dresden Trust is a principal sponsor of a prominent new row of plane trees and benches being put up in Dresden’s central Neumarkt square. Known as the “Grünes Gewandhaus”, it will occupy a space where once stood a cloth merchant’s hall demolished in 1791.

On the occasion of the start of works in March 2018, the Dresden newspaper “Saechsische Zeitung” featured Dresden Trust Chairman Eveline Eaton with the city’s Building-Mayor Raoul Schmidt-Lamontain. Where they are standing, the green trees and benches will offer people a pleasant place of rest.

Comments are closed.